Thursday, March 04, 2004

SO MUCH FOR SICK DAYS

I don't answer the phone on sick days. I'm grumpy enough without having to do with the "Mr. Young? How are you today?" calls. I'd love to say, "I've got the flying chunk flu, how are you?"

I woke up to the security phone message-ring. The Amazing Liz (2nd from bottom on the right) left a message saying to call Susan (2nd from bottom on the left). I called Susan. There's a bishop coming here tomorrow that wants to talk to me for a job. I should've known something was up when Susan started ticking off all of the positives while deftly avoiding actual locations. I think "rural and hilly" came up quite a bit. So I asked, "Where?" Keeping with my tradition of not naming names until something is finalized, we'll just say it's a really really eastern diocese. "But," she said coyly, "the parish is on the western end!" Hmmm.

I thought it would be a good idea to let Mrs. Ref know about this so she could think about it and we could talk; rather than spring it on her tonight. "Oh, by the way, I'm interviewing for a church in China." Key phrase here: I thought it would be a good idea. She cried. So much for my good ideas.

So I did some research and decided to meet with the bishop. Tomorrow.

And while I was doing research, there were several messages from the COM. The basic gist is that I'm going home the end of this month for my final interview with them and the Standing Committee. I will also have to go home for my final psych eval. And there was a message from that southern diocese requesting a time change on my phone interview tomorrow.

We have a parent/teacher conference tonight, and I have a vestry meeting also.

I'm way too busy to be sick.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.