Friday, May 14, 2004

"YOU CAN PREACH IN MY PULPIT ANY DAY"

I preached my final sermon at SWTS last night. I managed to put together a decent sermon in the midst of all of my other "reading week" duties (getting the house ready for our kid/housesitter, putting together my theology presentation, getting ready to leave for a job interview, etc etc).

Two things made this a good experience. First, I told the parishes I'm visiting that I was a good preacher. It's good to know that a) I wasn't lying and b) the timing was perfect since I have to write Sunday's sermon on the plane and touch it up at the motel.

Second, a fellow student said, "You can preach in my pulpit any day." High praise from someone who hasn't always seen eye-to-eye with me. So, a pub-blog-ly response, "Thanks, I appreciate that."

Mrs. Ref and I are off to BSC for a job interview this morning. Keep us in your prayers over the weekend, and a full report will be forthcoming.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.