Saturday, June 19, 2004

HALLELUJAH CHORUS

Today was the ordination of six deacons in Chicago: Sandra Castillo, Mary Tudela, Gwynne Wright (all classmates); Robert Wyatt (a kind of classmate from Junior year); Elaine Caldbeck (think I got that one right, she's been around SWTS working on this and that); and Jacqueline somebody-I-don't-know.

It was your basic ordination service and went very smoothly. It was nice to see some old friends from SWTS, as well as a few classmates whom I didn't think I would see again (Heather and The Rev. Dr. Fulton). Mrs. Ref had to work today, so she missed it, and The Kid wanted to sleep in: "I saw yours, I don't need to go to another one."

And, surprise surprise surprise, I ran into two people who used to attend church with me and the Mrs. back in Spokane. Apparently there really are only 300 Episcopalians in the world and we all keep running into each other.

That about sums up the day. And I would like to point out to Tripp that "Hallelujah Chorus" did appear on a Styx album; but then, he already knew that.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.