Monday, December 06, 2004

COUNTDOWN

I think. The ordination service is almost all set. I just have a few minor details regarding the service, and that part will be done. The congregation is taking care of the reception, so that's nice that I don't have to worry about that. The last two service items should be finished by this week.

It turns out that the 18th is a popular day for ordinations. There's Susie and EJ and Sandra and Gwynne and Shannon (and Charlie -- thanks to Wes for jarring my overworked brain) just to name the one's that come immediately to mind. Luckily I managed to get dibs on my choice for preacher-dude early on.

Which reminds me, I mentioned many many moons ago that I would try to get a killer preacher (or something like that -- I'm too lazy to find my exact wording from that long ago). Well, he agreed and has made plans to fly out. For those wondering who this mystery dude is, you can check him out here. I am excited to have him come to town.

There are less than two weeks before the deed is done, and only one more Sunday of doing the "Deacon's Mass" thing. I can't wait.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.