Tuesday, December 07, 2004

JUST STUFF

Stuff #1: As noted below (that is, if you followed the link), AKMA is going to preach at my ordination to the priesthood. I am way excited and blessed to have this happen. However, I noticed on his blog site that he listed dates of upcoming events. He points out that on Dec. 18 he will be "Preaching at the Ordination of Reverend Ref, Way Out in Montana Somewhere."

Now, just to be clear, the ordination is in Helena. That's NOT "Way Out in Montana Somewhere." Helena is the state capital. I mean, it has paved streets, stoplights and everything!

Way Out in Montana indeed.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to have him. Mrs. Ref did point out though, that although he won't be preaching "Way Out in Montana," he'll certainly be living there for a bit.


Stuff #2: We've been smelling something strange at CC lately. Being new, I just figured that it's always been that way. Wrong! Turns out the furnace, shall we say, has seen better days. The inspector shut the thing down, informed me not to turn the heat on because there was the possibility that it might ignite the gasses that were around it. That can't be good.

I've got some companies coming tomorrow to give us bids. In the meantime, Sunday morning services and the Lessons and Carols service will be transferred to the parish hall, which is a separate building. I'll use a folding table for the altar, and we'll just move the elements and candles over there. Hopefully it will be a VERY temporary solution.

I wonder if The Kid will think it's cute?

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.