Thursday, December 30, 2004

WINTER IS HERE

It snowed last night. SW Montana had a winter storm warning and was gearing up for "the firt big one" of the season. Let's just say that I should be so lucky to have a job where I'm that wrong that often. It did snow, but nothing as dramatic as they were predicting. However, the roads are extremely icy and slick, so drivers need to be careful. For the most part, we do pretty good in that department out here.

Today in VC is beautiful. Blue skies reflecting sunshine off the snow, with the mountains standing out in the background. Have I mentioned that I love being here? I love being here.

With the arrival of winter, it means that football season is winding down, and basketball season is heating up. I don't particulary care for this. However, GU is playing well, having defeated two #3 teams in the last two weeks. I may be in Montana. I may now be a canonical resident of the Diocese of Montana (yes, that was made official last week), but I'm still a Spokane boy at heart, and I enjoy seeing the Zags play. One of my rare treats while in seminary was to catch a Zag game. At least it kept me connected vicariously to home.

And now, you too can see them play. They will be on ESPN 2 tonight at 5 PT, 6 MT, 7 CT & 8 ET. Go here for the story. Of course, the last time I told everyone to watch a game (Montana vs James Madison for the Div. I-AA championship), my team lost. So maybe don't watch, just follow it on game tracker. Or check out the score tomorrow. I, on the other hand, will be watching.

In other news, CC is trying to figure out how we are going to handle the furnace situation. As in, it died and we need a new one. All activities and worship services are now being held in the parish hall until further notice. My article in the local newspaper appeared today, so maybe we'll collect some sympathy dollars.

I'm also gearing up for the bishop's visitation, Ash Wednesday, Lent, and Easter. I think I'm looking forward to the season after Pentecost (where NOTHING happens) for the first time in my life.

Blessings for the upcoming year, and y'all play safe.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.