Friday, July 01, 2005

SURREAL

I thought about what to call this post. "Lost Anonymity," "Too Cool," "Possibly Scary," and "Kind of Bizarre" were all titles that ran through my head.

Mrs. Ref and I are busy cleaning the house today in preparation for the arrival of mom and dad (nothing says clean like company). And truthfully, I should be there now but stopped off at the library for a quick post after getting my hair cut.

Anyway, we were upstairs getting the guest room/office into shape when there was a knock at the door. Mrs. Ref answered and a man we've never seen before asks to speak with me. She's thinking, "Oh great -- it's his day off and now he'll have to go do some pastoral type thing and leave me with the cleaning." Not quite.

Turns out that this guy is a priest from Louisiana (CDSP 1998 -- or was it 1993? I'm pretty sure it was 1998) who married a woman from Dillon (the town due west over the mountains). It also turns out that this guy reads my blog.

Regularly.

I have now had my first real-live, uninvited meeting generated by my blog. Wow.

And just in case said visitor thinks you freaked me out -- don't worry about it. It was really cool. Enjoy your vacation in Montana and maybe next time you're up I'll treat you to lunch.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.