Friday, July 01, 2005

THIS TIME IT'S FOR REAL

My regular reader may recall a previous posting about my being asked to be on the Commission on Mission Planning for the diocese. The plan is for this group to be available to meet with parishes around the diocese when they think they need some direction on where they are going.

I received an e-mail from the chair of the CMP asking if anyone was available to be in Big Fork to meet with their vestry. Their priest-in-charge has taken a new position, they have (or will have soon) an interim, and they are going to begin their search process for a new priest shortly. Our mission, should we choose to accept it . . . .

So, Mrs. Ref, the CMP chair and I will be making a visit to Big Fork. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm doing on this committee. I still feel like I'm pretending to be an adult. I still feel, at times, like this whole priest gig isn't real. I spend alot of time wondering what class on adulthood I missed. So what am I doing trying to advise other people when I don't feel like I've got my own life figured out? I just pray the bishop knew what he was doing when he asked me to be on the CMP.

And I pray that when I do go to one of these parishes, I don't do more damage than good.

So, we are trying to make sure that we have all the stuff in order to do this job. Hang on.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.