Monday, November 13, 2006

INTERMITTENTLY PERMANENT

Thursday night the furnace quit working. I was convinced to grab a sword and go down into the dungeon, stave off any evil man-devouring creatures, and see if there was something I could do to repair it. (Stop laughing!)

As it turns out . . . I couldn't.

So I promised to call the furnace guy in the morning. Then, around midnight or so, it kicked on.

I called the furnace guy in the morning and explained the problem. They came over (I won't go into all the details about trying to coordinate schedules, but we did eventually connect). Of course, this meant that the furnace would work perfectly while he was here.

However, once he started working on it the thing acted up. "Hmmm .... this is different."

Which meant that 1) he saw it misbehaving, and 2) I was in trouble.

Anyway ... to make a long story short, it worked off an on over the weekend and they decided to finally stop yesterday. That intermittently not working thing has become permanently not working.

It's darn chilly in the house this morning.

2 comments:

EYouthWNY | 11:26 AM, November 13, 2006  

My dad called it "Threat of treatment" and said it was a wonderful short term cure for just about any kind of malfunction or ailment. Car making a funny noise? Make an appointment at the garage. Instantly stops.

Of course eventually the chickens will come home to roost.

Peace

the tentmaker | 7:21 PM, November 13, 2006  

I know the feeling. We had the same thing happen two weeks ago during one of the coldest weeks in the year. Finally the furnace got fixed and we are currently warm. Remember: This too shall pass.

First time comments will be moderated.