Wednesday, November 15, 2006

JUST A LITTLE BLOG FUN

In my roamings around the blogiverse, I would occassionally come across some creative sort who titled their comments "Shout Out Here," or "Give me some love," or "What do you think?" or something of the sort.

I thought, "Gee, that's interesting. I wonder how they did that?"

Well, after spending hours looking through my template, and several experimentations that didn't work, I finally found it. How could an average priesty boy in SW Montana who officiates high school football on the side be blogger creative?

You may remember several years ago when Allstate would run spots during college games where they would present a play and challenge the viewer to interpret the correct ruling. It was named, appropriately, "You Make the Call."

So, letting my creative side run rampant, I was determined to make that change to my site. So now you will see "You Make the Call" instead of "comments." You will also notice that I managed to refer to all of your comments as Official Comments in the comment section.

I'm very proud of myself.

And I still hate html.

5 comments:

Anonymous | 12:34 PM, November 15, 2006  

Testing 1-2-3.

Cool!

Jane Ellen+ | 3:58 PM, November 15, 2006  

Look at you, Rev. Technogeek!

Very nice. (^_^)

EYouthWNY | 11:46 AM, November 16, 2006  

Very cool.

So how'd you do it? I'm a big believer in not re-inventing wheels!

Jay

Dawgdays | 4:16 PM, November 16, 2006  

Safe! Out! Foul!

Oops, wrong sport.

Reverend Ref + | 11:24 PM, November 16, 2006  

Jay:

First, you look for this:

ItemPage
BlogItemCommentsEnabled
div class="blogComments"
comments:
BlogItemComments
div class="blogComment"

That's where you can reword the comments in the comments section.
I obviously changed mine to Official Comments.

Then you look for this:

MainOrArchivePage
BlogItemCommentsEnabled
a href="$BlogItemPermalinkURL$"
($BlogItemCommentCount$) Comments
/a
/BlogItemCommentsEnabled
/MainOrArchivePage

After the $BlogItemCommentCount$ is where you make the change to whatever you want. Change Comments to You Make the Call, or Give me some luvin', or .... well, you've got an imagination.

PS ... I had to post this without any html tags because the comment screen wouldn't accept it.

Good Luck.

First time comments will be moderated.