Friday, February 23, 2007

HOPE

A visitor showed up for the Ash Wednesday service at CC. Actually, several visitors showed up. We had 17 people attend that service; that's what we draw on a Sunday morning. I was thrilled!

Just as exciting was the fact that I had eight people stay after service for the Bible study I'm offering through Lent. I was originally figuring on . . . oh . . . nobody. But I was proved wrong. I love it when that happens. And two of those eight were visitors! This is a good thing.

One of the visitors is a single lady who offers home care for elderly people in town. Another of the visitors is the mother of a kid that shoots bow with The Kid; she brought her daughter with her.

The short story is that she was raised Episcopalian, ended up at that church on the other side of town (you remember, the church that thought showing a movie on the dangers of premarital sex counted towards sexual abuse prevention training), left there, and is showing an interest in my place . . . where her husband and three kids can also attend. We had a good conversation about the possibilities of this after the Wednesday night Bible study.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but maybe we are on the upswing.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.