Saturday, April 14, 2007

AAAGGGHHHH . . . . I'VE BEEN TAGGED

Padre Mickey tagged me for a meme (thanks, dude). Okay, this time I won't be the grumpy old man that I am and play along.

Rules: 1) Post six weird things about yourself; 2) Tag six weird people to do the same.

(Okay, so I made up the part about the six people being weird).

This is sort of a hard thing to do for a fairly stand-up normal guy, but I'll try. And I have to be honest, I didn't find all of the good Padre's items to be weird; just a few of them.

Conceding that OCD might be weird for some people:

1) Paper money, when I have it, must be organized by denomination (one's in front), faces facing forward, and right side up.

2) All of my shirts to the left of my slacks in my closet must have their buttons on the right side of the hanger, are organized by color (blues on the far right, then gray, then black) and by style (short sleeves are in front of long sleeves). All of my shirts to the right of my slacks in my closet must have their buttons on the left side of the hanger, short sleeves first, and then long sleeves. Although the right side of the closet gets much less use than the left side because the left side is home to all my clergy shirts.

3) Socks, t-shirts and underwear must be stacked in alternating directions, otherwise the folds build up and cause problems with proper functioning of the drawer. Well, that and they fall over easily.

4) I find the pattern of steps in sections of the sidewalk and count necessary steps. For instance, when I visit the library in VC, there are six short sections between the bottom of the stairs and the long section of sidewalk. My step-pattern for those six sections are 3-4-3-4-3-4, and then I take 9 steps from the beginning of the last section to the door. This will come in useful should I ever go blind.

5) When I park the car, I always leave it in the gear of the direction I want to go next. So at parking lots the car is always left in reverse. Apparently not everybody does this. That was news to me when, on a road trip to Columbus, I left the car in reverse. After picking up some road food, the next driver decided he would go straight (since the stall across from us was now empty) and the car lurched backwards. A discussion about parking etiquette followed.

6) I find baseball to be incredibly boring. The game could be improved if they went to a 2-ball, 2-strike system, with a home run derby overtime procedure. You're either on base or out, and games tied at the end of 9 innings would be settled quickly, instead of dragging out another 10, 11, 12 or more innings.

Okay, that's done. I doubt I have six people who actually read my blog, but I'll tag the following: Mark, Songbird, Tripp, Sonje, Beth and Jane.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go send flowers to Jane, because, you know . . . I've just insulted her terribly with that last item.

6 comments:

Anonymous | 12:11 PM, April 14, 2007  

baseball is boring?

talk about football. "oh i got knocked down. lets stop everything, have a long discussion, and then start again."

talk about slow.

rugby is an actual sport.

Jane Ellen+ | 10:57 PM, April 14, 2007  

At least baseball is honest about not having a time limit.

Football's clock is an ongoing lie-- the longest 60 minutes I've ever seen. The last two minutes alone can take half an hour.

Flowers are nice. So is chocolate. but one of these days, what you owe me is a game.

Anonymous | 11:05 PM, April 14, 2007  

Let's talk football. Really it's just a over-glorified excuse for grown men to run around wearing tights, beat on each other, grab each other's backsides, and run a silly ball back and forth. We pay them to do this WHY??

At least baseball has a bit of a point. Love you!!

**Carolyn**

Tripp Hudgins | 7:19 AM, April 16, 2007  

Done.

Sort of...

I could not think of anything about me that is nearly as weird as you listed about yourself. I am strikingly average.

Scott | 7:53 AM, April 17, 2007  

Of course, all the people who've never driven a car with manual transmission are looking at your parking weirdness and thinking, "Huh?"

LutheranHusker | 3:24 PM, April 17, 2007  

Came here via Nachfolge...I played over at my blog.

Great blog! Thanks for writing!

First time comments will be moderated.