Sunday, September 30, 2007

A GOOD DAY

This was a banner day in SW MT. It was a perfect fall day: bright blue skies, crisp fall weather, all the leaves on the trees turning various shades of green and gold (we don't get the reds and oranges like other parts of the country -- sorry Jane -- but it's still gorgeous), and great services.

We had 28 people in Sheridan, including the baby. I'd have to look, but I'm thinking that that's some kind of non-Easter, non-Bishop Visitation record. And many of those 28 people brought dogs, cats and a turtle. I think we had eight dogs, two or three cats, the one turtle, and one crying child. It was quite the cacophony as I read the blessing amidst the barking, yelps, meows and tears. Unfortunately we didn't have any horses this year -- oh well.

Virginia City was also full with 17 people. We didn't have quite the number of animals, only two cats and one dog, so I didn't have to struggle to keep everyone focused.

The sermon preached well, so I was happy about that. I received two "New Member Information Sheets" back after service. So it would appear that we are officially growing.

And the music today was great. We sang 405, 400 (1, 4, 7), and 376.

Yep ... it was a banner day and reminded me once again why I am lucky to be here.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.