Friday, December 14, 2007

Gifts, Part II

From my post "Gifts" on Wednesday:

She brought: a chasuble, stole, maniple, veil and burse SET ... a sterling silver chalice and paten ... a couple of corporals and palls ... and a box of incense (now if she could just come across a thurible).

My phone rang last night. "Hello ... this is Reverend Ref."

"Hello, Ref .... this is Tom's daughter. We're just finishing up going through his things, and I thought you would want to know that we found a thurible."

"You're kidding!"

"No! I'm not. I'll drop it off at the church before we leave town."

Wow. I have a thurible.

I'm thinking Easter Vigil.

6 comments:

Jules | 10:48 AM, December 14, 2007  

Wish I knew what half of that stuff is...feeling pretty low church right now.

Tripp Hudgins | 11:27 AM, December 14, 2007  

Fun!!!

Anonymous | 11:58 AM, December 14, 2007  

Easter? Why wait?! Christmas Eve!

Or do what I used to do: Sneak into the church the night before and just burn incense for an hour. Then when people arrive on Sunday morning it smells nice, and no one complains about the smoke. :-)

Gigantic Hound | 4:21 PM, December 14, 2007  

I love the smell of incense in the morning - it smells like victory.

Tripp Hudgins | 9:33 AM, December 15, 2007  

Epiphany...

Frankincense.

Do it! We three kings of Orient are setting fire to bishop and (um) squire (hey, it rhymes kinda)!

Heh.

Anonymous | 5:44 PM, December 15, 2007  

And TEC in Montana will never be the same again...
Have fun!

First time comments will be moderated.