Friday, December 14, 2007

It must be Year A

Went to the Post Office today and found this waiting for me:



When I was just a lad . . .

Actually, when I was just beginning my junior year at seminary, the incoming class had a meeting to determine who the Class Convener was going to be. In short terms, the Class Convener is basically like the class president. Incoming classes get together and select this person who then sort of organizes things, hears problems, works with the administration, all that kind of stuff.

At the time, my incoming class was the largest in recent memory and it seemed like a good idea to share that responsibility. So, in their infinite wisdom, the class chose three of us (how very Trinitarian) to do the job: Heather, Tripp and myself. It's tradition that the Convener of the Middler class give a gift to the Convener of the Junior class. Well, he hadn't counted on three of us and gave us a guardian angel icon.

We thought it would be a good idea to rotate the icon amongst ourselves throughout seminary and beyond. So, during every Year A, I have a guardian angel icon hanging up on my wall. And, if you're wondering, Heather gets it during Year B, Tripp gets it during Year C -- and yes, I wrote down who gets it what year on the back (the post about filling up my gas tank should explain that).

It's nice to have back -- that spot on the wall has seemed empty.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.