Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oh yeah .... that's gonna leave a mark

I was sleeping relatively soundly when the pager went off at 3:40 -- that would be 0340 for you military types, and "Way too damn early" for everyone else.

The fire alarm at the hospital tripped. So I pulled my stuff on, raced downstairs, grabbed my helmet and coat and ran out the door ..... to be met by a practical blizzard. Snow was coming down sideways and I'm thinking, "This is NOT going to be good."

I got to the car, reached for the handle to open the door and, between the wind gust and the ice, I bit it hard. My feet went out from under me and I found myself horizontal in the air. This is not good. But, like they say, "It wasn't the flight, it was the landing."

I am now the proud owner of a skinned up hand and a nasty-huge lump on my hip where I came down. I am now walking with a (hopefully) temporary limp.

It's a good thing my football season is over.

5 comments:

~**Dawn**~ | 10:54 AM, January 16, 2008  

Ouch. I bet that's gonna smart for a while.

Anonymous | 12:10 PM, January 16, 2008  

So... After you raced to the hospital you could have had 'em check the hip.

Speaking of that, was there fire?

Reverend Ref + | 3:16 PM, January 16, 2008  

Speaking of that, was there fire?

Oh . . . forgot to mention that part.

After I jumped in the truck, dispatch came on and said that the hospital confirmed a false alarm.

~**Dawn**~ | 3:17 PM, January 16, 2008  

Double ouch. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Susie/Nueva Cantora | 2:50 PM, January 17, 2008  

Owww.

But if it HAD been in football season, you could've made up some fabulous story about being tackled or something. Now, you just fell on your way to a false alarm.

First time comments will be moderated.