Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Warming up nicely

I had some time to shovel snow this morning. By the time I finished, my fingers were darn near frozen stiff (or so it seemed).

On my way downtown for my ministerial association meeting, the reader board at the bank said it was 7 -- that would be degrees, not a.m. Seven degrees at 9:30 a.m.

After the meeting at 10:30, it had warmed up to 11. That's not bad; four degrees in an hour.

And when I checked the temp gauge on my computer, it says we are now at 17.

It's a great day in SW Montana.

========================

UPDATE:

I was in the church today to change hymn numbers. The water in the font has frozen solid. I wonder if throwing pieces of ice at people qualifies as an aspersion?

4 comments:

Anonymous | 4:27 PM, January 16, 2008  

I have Sheridan and VC on my dashboard, and this morning when I got up it was -1° in VC. Whee.

I'll stop whining about the chilly 64° we had today. :-)

Tell me again why I want to move to Great Falls??

~**Dawn**~ | 9:09 AM, January 17, 2008  

17*. Can't say as though I miss that.

Scott | 6:52 PM, January 17, 2008  

Wow - even in the unheated sanctuaries in Germany I never saw baptismal ice. It could be kinda fun on the aspersion side though, especially when combined with a little John the Baptist flavor:

"You brood of vipers!"
*CRACK*

"Bear fruits worthy of repentance!"
*CRACK*

Padre Mickey | 11:06 PM, January 17, 2008  

reads If thy eye offends thee, let the priest toss a piece of frozen holy water at it. And if thy hand offends thee, let the priest saw it off with the same frozen holy water.

First time comments will be moderated.