Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A pleasant surprise

I melted the lens on my flashlight when I stuck it down a chimney to see if the fire was worse than it looked.

After that, I started looking around the Maglite website trying to figure out what to do. I registered my flashlight with their warranty program and filled out a customer service form (because at that time I couldn't find what I wanted) stating that I needed a new lens.

After submitting the form, I found the part number needed. I plan on ordering ten of those things because a) they'd be good to have on hand for the next time I melt my lens, and b) shipping is $12, the part is $1 -- might as well make it worthwhile.

I received an e-mail today:

Dear Ref:

Thank you for your interest in Maglite products. While incidental
parts, such as a lens, are not covered under our limited lifetime
warranty, we are happy to send you a replacement at no charge as a
courtesy to the address you provided.

Please allow approximately two weeks for delivery. Future parts
purchases may be made at the following mail order sources:

That's a pleasant surprise.

3 comments:

Unknown | 9:58 PM, April 30, 2008  

They must know that you are the light of the world and desire that you continue to shine without bubbling things up.

In the future I shall always refer to you as "Flashy Rev." thus proving that you are Eveready to place your lamp in a window or even a smoldering chimney.

P.S. How did it go back east?

Reverend Ref + | 10:12 PM, April 30, 2008  

Better than "Rev. Flasher."

How does your wife stand it??

As far as how it went back east . . . it was typical. We did our thing and then hope that something takes off.

I never know, and all I hope is that we do more good than harm.

~**Dawn**~ | 1:25 PM, May 02, 2008  

Wow. Apparently there is still some actual customer service out there somewhere. How refreshing!

First time comments will be moderated.