Friday, May 23, 2008

Getting better ??

I thought I was getting better. Really. My voice returned to almost normal. Other symptoms abated . . . but then came yesterday.

I stopped in and saw Dan from Nevada City who had offered me a crew of volunteers to move pews. Turns out that the original plan of Sunday is out, so we agreed on 9 a.m. Saturday. This means that we will have church downstairs for three weeks instead of two.

I spent the day moving chairs and books and other pieces of furniture (yes, I did write the sermon). Then yesterday evening I had to go play City Councilman at a public forum on why we want to raise property taxes.

By the time I got home, I was beat. I ached. I coughed. And any progress in the "get well" department disappeared.

Today I managed to sleep most of the day. This has been a good thing. And while I could probably benefit from more bed rest, there's only just so much time I can stand being in bed.

I am now working on the ordo for the upcoming Evensong service that I got roped into doing. And tomorrow I will direct traffic . . . I promise.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.