Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Long Distance Voyager

Well . . . in Montana terms, and in comparison to my friends and colleagues Jane and John, not really . . .

But I was on the road a lot yesterday. I was called to do a graveside service in Whitehall . That's about 40 minutes from home.

And the above mentioned Fr. John and St. Andrew's, Philipsburg, was hosting a presentation by a gal who had spent time in Palestine. She was discussing Palestinian stories of people affected by the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. I thought it might be interesting, but didn't want to drive all that way for a 2 hour presentation. But then this service in Whitehall came up and I was already halfway there. So I went. John and I spent some good time together and the presentation was interesting, if not thrilling.

Then I drove home. Rolled into Sheridan at 11, and I was in bed by 11:30.

It was only a 187 mile day; compared to my two friends, that's nothing.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.