Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sick from Home

Do you remember the first time you were on your own and had to deal with being sick all by yourself?

My first time was after I had moved to Spokane and came down with the flu. I had to call my mom to find out what sorts of meds I needed.

My daughter is away at Montana Tech for six weeks. (The fact that it's snowing today isn't scoring points with her).

I got a text message from her earlier this afternoon:

Dady im losing my voice
what do i do?

Okay ... apart from the spelling issues .... poor kid. So I called her and got a very scratchy, squeaky, partly failing voice on the other end. Told her to drink lots of water, suck on cough drops and maybe get some cough medicine for the evening.

"Okayyy."

Then she mentioned that they have a talent show tonight and she has to get up and do something. I told her she could sing a song and say, "This is how my dad sounds when he tries to sing."

Much to my surprise, she said that even I don't sound that bad.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.