Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Word of the Day

Do you remember Pee Wee's Playhouse? Every episode there was a "Word of the Day." When you heard it, you were supposed to jump up and scream.




Here's a clip if you've forgotten.

Well, kids . . . Today's word of the day is TRIANGULATION.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Ref and I go and visit parishes to help them focus on growth. It's more complicated than that, but it's basically what we do. Awhile ago, we visited two parishes, X & Y. It was . . . an interesting experience.

I received an e-mail from Matriarch X who apparently doesn't like the way the priest is doing things there, or doesn't like the way things are being done in general, and now wants me to write a letter telling people to do what she wants them to do.

Oy vey.

I'm not sure she realizes exactly who she's dealing with here.

To paraphrase a recent horror flick, "Oh yes, there will be a letter."

2 comments:

Anonymous | 3:28 PM, August 06, 2008  

Nothing like being asked to undermine another priest's authority. :-)

Did I give you a triangle a few years ago, too? If so, give 'er a ring!

What horror flick?

Reverend Ref + | 3:38 PM, August 06, 2008  

No, I did not get a triangle from you.

It's from "SAW" and/or SAW II.

"Oh yes, there will be blood."

Just need to point out that I never actually watched those movies, just remember the tag line from the commercials.

I don't do bloody horror flicks.

First time comments will be moderated.