Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let's dance . . .

The men's NCAA Tournament has begun. So far, there have only been two upsets that I'm aware of ..... well, maybe 1-1/2, since I really don't count a 9 seed beating an 8 seed an upset. But Michigan, as a 10 seed, beat their 7 seed opponent (sorry, I forget who).

And after looking like they were going to be yet another first round disappointment, Gonzaga came back and beat Akron (which, btw, was the best nickname matchup of the tourney -- the Zags vs. the Zips). So I'm happy.

I'd be happier if they get out of the second round, but we'll see.

And while Mrs. Ref and I were watching our team, Seong, our foreign exchange student, had us flipping back and forth between that and the World Baseball Classic where Korea is playing Japan tonight. I think she's hoping Korea beats Japan like a rented goalie; but I'm not sure she'd get the hockey reference.

It's going to be a sports-filled weekend around here.

Oh yeah ... did I mention I'm also playing in the Straight-8 Pool Tournament at The Stockman Bar this Saturday? I think Mrs. Ref is going to take some pictures.

2 comments:

Susie/Nueva Cantora | 1:02 PM, March 20, 2009  

Go Blue!!! (We played Clemson)

I thought the commentators were just making stuff up when they said "zips vs. zags!" Yay for your team!

Reverend Ref + | 1:22 PM, March 20, 2009  

No ... you can't make that stuff up.

Zippy the Kangaroo is the Akron mascot. And while the official mascot of Gonzaga is the Bulldog . . . well, the 'Zags is sort of an unofficial nickname.

And now, Michigan gets Oklahoma. Good luck with that.

First time comments will be moderated.