Thursday, March 19, 2009

Twitterpated? Not likely.

Apparently Twitter is the latest, greatest, most hottest thing around. And as with anything new, we're trying to come up with a language for it.

If you have Twitter and received a messaged, you've been Twittered.

If you have Twitter and send a message, you Tweet.

"Joe just Twittered me .... I'll need to Tweet him back."

I've heard stories about car rental companies and airlines using Twitter to keep their customers updated with information. I've heard stories about athletes Twittering from the sideline (something other than T.O. griping about not enough play time). On ESPN's First Take this morning, one of the main anchors was asking a guest about Twittering.

Let me just say this:

I have a phone. It rings. I have an e-mail account. It works.

The only time I'll ever Tweet is on the football field.

Just in case you thought otherwise.

4 comments:

ultraspy | 5:32 PM, March 19, 2009  

Without twitter I'd have no easy way to post random important information (like what I'm eating for lunch).

Anonymous | 8:37 AM, March 20, 2009  

I learned on the Today Show that a "dweet" is a tweet sent while under the influence. I'm seriously thinking about getting Twitter before my daughter does so she won't say I'm "stalking" her and her friends, like she said when I got Facebook!

Kali

Reverend Ref + | 9:35 AM, March 20, 2009  

Kali: Seems like they should have called it a "dweeed."

And you're going to get Twitter? Aren't you the hip mama?

ultraspy | 2:26 AM, March 23, 2009  

This is ultraspy, posting a test comment.
I must choose my Google Account if I want the option to subscribe via email.

First time comments will be moderated.