Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rain

It's been a rather damp June around here. The last few days of May were gorgeous; but as soon as the calendar moved to June 1, it started raining.

This is a good thing, since it means I don't have to drag a sprinkler across the yard between the hours of 6-8 a.m. and 6-8 p.m. trying to keep the grass from dying.

Hopefully it will also keep the risk of fires down.

Despite all of the rain and chilly weather we've had lately, however, I did respond to a small brush fire yesterday afternoon. Yeah . . . nothing says "fun" like dragging an 1-1/2" line through unbending sage brush, sucking down smoke and chasing fire.

Luckily it wasn't very large and we had it contained and out in just over an hour I think. By the time my partner and I got the truck washed and hose cleaned, I was able to get home in time to shower and make the community dinner down in Twin.

Nothing like free food after you've been out working hard.

And now it's raining; which means I will not be dragging hose through sage brush for at least a few days. And that's a good thing.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.