Monday, June 15, 2009

Truly frightening

Due to some . . . peculiarities . . . this local election season, I will be the only town council person not running for re-election this year. And due to (mostly) length of service, my fellow council members will not be running for re-election.

Which means . . .

1. I just may be the only returning council member
2. I will be the senior member of the town council (no, this does not mean a raise)
3. I will become the President of the Council (oh dear gawd)

THIS should be interesting . . .

6 comments:

EYouthWNY | 4:20 PM, June 15, 2009  

Now I want you to listen very carefully and see f you can detect coming from the direction of the outgoing council members a tiny litle sound...it probably sounds very faintly like the word...



SUCKER!!!!!

They lured you in and hooked you good!
LOL.

Reverend Ref + | 5:26 PM, June 15, 2009  

Yeah . . .

Although, trying to keep a positive spin on things, this will continue to be really good training for dealing with less-than-ideal parish vestries.

Something I have yet to deal with.

Mark J. | 6:33 PM, June 15, 2009  

ROTFL

*Clears Throat*

Ahem. I mean, hey, that's great! You'll do well.

*Hic*

Anonymous | 8:16 AM, June 17, 2009  

Sooooo do we get to call you Mr. Mayor or Rev. Mayor or Father Mayor???

Grace and peace

Ben

Reverend Ref + | 9:31 AM, June 17, 2009  

Ben:

NO! Not the mayor ... just the president of the council.

Although I did have a brief thought that whenever I have to preside at the meetings we would start them with the Nicene Creed rather than the pledge.

But then someone mentioned that whole separation of church and state thing ...

Jane Ellen+ | 11:13 AM, June 20, 2009  

"The Very Rev. Mr. President..."

You really are accumulating the pedigree, aren't you?

First time comments will be moderated.