Friday, August 21, 2009

Moving On

So the fiasco from earlier in the week has, I think, been successfully smoothed over and dealt with. The church is doing its thing as it should. And people have been talked to.

Today, in addition to the regular laundry/housework, I prep for the funeral in the gym and head to Butte for some much needed supplies. I also have to run a bulletin insert for the funeral ordo because I neglected to properly proof the original.

I hate it when I'm stupid.

Because if I don't do the insert, the Apostles' Creed will read (in part):

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of sins,
and the life everlasting.

Yeah ..... not so much.

So that insert will get run this morning. Then I set up for the funeral. Then housework. Then shopping.

Tomorrow is the funeral. It should go well, but I'm still nervous about it. The family wanted communion at the service (which is cool), but when expecting 150 for the service, I just have no idea as to how many will receive. Which means I'll probably have 125 unused consecrated wafers and a cruet and a half of consecrated wine to take care of.

Oh well . . . to paraphrase Julian, "It will be what it will be."

1 comments:

MadPriest | 5:41 AM, August 22, 2009  

The communion of sins...

Out of the mouths of babes and overworked clergy.

First time comments will be moderated.