Thursday, August 13, 2009

The week in review

Last weekend we dropped The Kid off with her grandparents before she heads off to Germany. On the way over, we discovered that the oil cap had not been put on the car; so we eventually got that little emergency taken care of.

On the way back home, we stopped in Missoula so I could check up on a parishioner who had major surgery. Turns out she was discharged two days after her surgery, which surprised . . . and about which nobody told me. Is it just me, or do other priests have a problem getting information from their parishioners?

Anyway, so we left Missoula and stopped in Butte at American Car Care. They gave me a coupon for a free oil change and steamed cleaned the engine after the oil cap fiasco.

While on the road, I got a call from my friend who told me about local residents (who stopped in at church every so often) who had been in a motorcycle accident; seems they hit a deer. It killed her and he's currently in the hospital.

When I got home, I got a call from The Kid who told me that she and her grandparents were in a car accident, but "everybody is fine ... just a little shaken."

And today is a regular day in the office finishing up bulletins and the sermon.

So that's been my week.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.