Friday, October 22, 2010

Heading for Home

We spent yesterday wandering around Far West City. We found it to be a lovely town and I kept thinking to myself, "I could be here."

We stopped in at the Visitor's Center after breakfast and picked up a map or two and several brochures about the area. Then we drove over to the high school and met the principal. Told him that we may or may not be moving to town, but that we wanted some information about the place. The school has about 1600 students, to which the Kid almost fell out of her chair. It seems to be a nice school with a lot of opportunities. Almost made me want to go back.

From there we spent time downtown, had lunch, drove around the town in general locating parks, grocery stores, neighborhoods and the like. After that, we came back to the hotel and took a nap.

Then we had a great dinner with the search committee. After dinner, we headed over to the church for the interview. It wasn't so much an inquisition as it was a very long conversation. And again, I found myself thinking, "I could be here."

Today we make the long trek home. All that is left to do now is wait and see.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.