Monday, October 25, 2010

I hate technology

All my friends know that I am somewhat . . . challenged . . . when it comes to technology. I mean, really, why doesn't anyone just make a simple phone anymore for pete's sake??

A couple of weeks ago, the church purchased a new digital hymnal. It arrived while I was visiting Far West Parish. And today I started playing with it.

On top of learning a new system, which I hate doing anyway, I discovered that, when hooked up to our speakers, music doesn't actually come out of the speakers.

This is not good. And considering that this is our only source of music at church, this is actually really bad.

It would appear that temperamental organists can come in human OR mechanical forms.

And I'm left trying to figure out how to solve the problem.

2 comments:

MadPriest | 6:42 AM, October 26, 2010  

Are you any good at whistling. And, failing that, you could always hum.

Reverend Ref + | 9:01 AM, October 26, 2010  

No on both counts. However, on my last interview I was asked if I would ever chant the service. I replied with an emphatic, "NO!"

Then I was asked if I could lip-sync.

Maybe a new product for the musically challenged clergy out there. We could add it to the Rite Brain series.

First time comments will be moderated.