Sunday, December 26, 2010

Back Online

Or something like that.

We seem to be finally settling in. The house is more or less in order, the girls had a two weeks of school before the Christmas break, and I'm getting more comfortable with the new gig.

I appear to have survived the Advent and Christmas rush. I'm learning names. And I'm trying to get used to the worship space. Steps are not where I'm used to, they aren't the same elevation, things are in different places. It'll take time, but it's a good congregation and I'm looking forward to being here for a long while.

Any regular readers out there may recall the incident(s) of Christmases Past where the tree fell over on top of me during a service or two. Nothing like that happened here, but I did misjudge where a step was and almost took a serious tumble during the early service on Christmas Eve. As it was, I managed to catch myself on the organ and chairs before ending up on the floor.

Now that the Christmas rush is over, I really need to start working on the list of things to do -- such as, update the website, meet with all the committees for some training, and whatever else I've got to do.

Tomorrow I am going to visit some shut ins and deliver a Christmas gift to them from the church and introduce myself. I took the day off, but it'll be nice to have a day to do that without worrying about what's on the desk.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day and I look forward to being more active online.

Continued blessings for the rest of the season.

5 comments:

Mark J | 8:09 AM, December 27, 2010  

Got any photos?

Lady Anne | 7:00 PM, December 27, 2010  

The first Sunday our new rector was with us, she borrowed our previous priest's chasuble; Fr. Al was over over six feet, and Dr. J is less than five-five. She stepped on the hem and fell flat. She just picked herself up and dusted herself off and announced that she had "really fallen for us".

Unknown | 3:27 PM, December 28, 2010  

Can't figure out how to email you so posting here even though has nothing to do with this post... blessings.... Thought you would love this one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIdI8khMkw&feature=player_embedded

Padre Mickey | 9:39 PM, December 28, 2010  

I'm happy to hear that you're settling in. Moving is no fun at all, and that's why I try not to do so.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year! Well, we know your new year will be interesting as you learn all about your new congregation.
Dios bendiga.

Reverend Ref + | 5:58 PM, December 29, 2010  

Mark: No photos yet.

Lady Anne: That was some quick thinking on her part.

Fr. John: That was an odd video. And why didn't anyone on the line try to stop him?

Padre: Yeah, it's all coming together and starting to feel more like home every day.

First time comments will be moderated.