Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good day

I had the day off in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. I must confess that I didn't do anything worthwhile in that regard .... didn't march in any parades, didn't get on the news to be interviewed about the significance of the Rev. Dr. King and his legacy, and didn't get myself thrown in jail for, well, for anything.

Instead, I slept in until 7:15, showered, and walked downtown to meet with several of the guys from the congregation for our twice-monthly breakfast. It was a small group, but we had a good discussion about stuff in general -- sports, pay scales, emergent technology and how that impacts our idea of community and church, and ideas for an adult forum program.

Then I walked home and didn't do much of anything until we took a little afternoon road trip to Crescent City, CA and the ocean. Crescent City is a nice little town, but the beach is more rocky than beach. But it was nice to see the Pacific again, and our exchange student was thrilled. Next time we'll plan better and get over to an Oregon beach.

Came home and walked down to a Chinese restaurant to celebrate a birthday and new job (not me . . . Mrs. Ref).

And tomorrow I'm being interviewed by the local paper to "introduce" me to the community -- or something like that. Wonder if they'll be taking a picture?

"Hey . . . does this collar make my butt look big?" Or something like that . . . .

2 comments:

Ecgbert | 4:25 PM, January 18, 2011  

And tomorrow I'm being interviewed by the local paper to "introduce" me to the community -- or something like that. Wonder if they'll be taking a picture?

Part of my job.

Peter Schweitzer | 11:03 AM, January 19, 2011  

I'm hoping you get a chance to meet Bernie Lindley, who is priest in Brookings Harbor. He's a good guy with a lot of insight. He was a seminarian at my parish a few years back.

First time comments will be moderated.