Saturday, January 22, 2011

In the paper

The local religion writer came by the office earlier this week and interviewed me. Apparently the church calling a new rector is news. The article ran in Friday's paper (right next to the story about another local church offering a two-day Biblical Womanhood Seminar - What the Bible says about the two genders and the roles God assigned to each) and is actually pretty good.

And although the story (and picture) are back on 6A, I couldn't help but think of this chorus:

Rolling Stone
Wanna see my picture on the cover
Rolling Stone
Wanna buy five copies for my mother
Rolling Stone
Wanna see my smilin' face
On the cover of the Rolling Stone
I'm not buying five copies for mom, but I'll send the folks a photocopy.

**Note: I didn't know this until I wrote this post, but that song was written by Shel Silverstein -- Yes, the same Shel Silverstein of Where the Sidewalk Ends and The Giving Tree. Who knew??

And if you want to know more about the late Mr. Silverstein, check out the Wickipedia article on him. As Mr. Spock would say, "Fascinating."

2 comments:

Anonymous | 11:21 AM, January 24, 2011  

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the article.

Tripp Hudgins | 4:10 PM, January 24, 2011  

Dr Hook...That would make a great processional hymn.

First time comments will be moderated.