Saturday, October 01, 2011

New equipment?

It's a lazy Saturday morning/afternoon and I'm channel flipping through a couple of football games -- namely Air Force/Navy and Texas A&M/Arkansas -- and I seem to be channeling my good friend Jane.

I always watch games to pick up on mechanics, positioning etc. etc. of the officials working the games to try and make my game better. But as I'm watching today, I think I'm seeing the crews wearing new hats. I can't be 100% certain (because the TV coverage doesn't exactly focus on the officials), but it looks like those black hats with white piping now have white piping along the rim of the bill.

And I'm wondering how long it will be before I have to buy a new hat.

2 comments:

Jane Ellen+ | 5:36 PM, October 01, 2011  

Watching the Boise State game. I haven't been able to tell whether it's piping, or if the underside of the bill is white and that's a bit of the seam showing where the upper and lower covers come together. Either way,you're correct-- there is a white accent of some sort on the edge of the black hat's bill.

Jane Ellen+ | 5:40 PM, October 01, 2011  

Okay, just as I posted the last comment the camera gave a closeup of the line judge. At least, I think it was the line judge. In any case, his hat bill was definitey blacktop and bottom with white piping along the edge.

Looks as though your current black hat's days are numbered.

First time comments will be moderated.