Tuesday, October 04, 2011

You're a what???

Apparently not everybody knows I'm a priest.

I took a phone call tonight and answered it like I always do: Hello, this is Rev Ref. Well, except for using my real name.

Anyway . . . the voice on the other end says, "Is this You?"

"Yes."

"You you?"

"Yes."

"You're a reverend??"

"Yes. Who's this?"

"This is Steve."

Steve and I worked a game together last Friday night and we're working a jr. high game together tomorrow. He was calling to let me know what we'd be wearing, and he was apparently unaware of my day job.

1 comments:

Anonymous | 9:39 PM, October 04, 2011  

It's amazing, isn't it? My dad once remarked people thought my mom took him out of a box on Sunday morning, wound him up, and pointed him toward the church.

Lady Anne

First time comments will be moderated.