Wednesday, November 28, 2012

References

Every once in awhile I am asked to be a reference for somebody.  People think it can't hurt to have a priest as a reference.  And I'm okay with that.

Today, though, I had a conversation with a person from a local business who said he had a job application from a guy who listed me as a reference.

Do I know B?

Technically, yes.

How do you know him?

He showed up in my office one day to thank me for providing emergency assistance to some friends of his awhile ago.  He's been in my office a couple of times since then to talk.

So you really don't know anything about him?

No.

And he didn't ask you to be a reference for this position?

No.

Funny, that's what all of his other references have said.

Well, on the positive side, at least he's making an honest effort to apply for a job.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.