Saturday, December 29, 2012

Football Heaven

Today is pretty much football heaven -- bowl games from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m.

I'm currently watching the New Era Pinstripe Bowl with West Virginia and Syracuse.

I don't know if any of you remember the TV show "Coach," but it was about the head football coach (Craig T. Nelson) of hapless Minnesota State.  After several years, the team finally had a winning record and earned a bid to the Patriot Bowl held in Valley Forge, PA.

Think about that for a minute -- a bowl game, in December, in Valley Forge, PA.

The game was played in a blizzard and I don't think the show ever said who won.

I bring this up because the Pinstripe Bowl is held in New York's Yankee Stadium.

New York, in December . . .

As much as I love football in the snow, when I think "bowl game" I usually think about much warmer weather.

I'm sure the post-game showers will feel good.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.