Today is pretty much football heaven -- bowl games from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m.
I'm currently watching the New Era Pinstripe Bowl with West Virginia and Syracuse.
I don't know if any of you remember the TV show "Coach," but it was about the head football coach (Craig T. Nelson) of hapless Minnesota State. After several years, the team finally had a winning record and earned a bid to the Patriot Bowl held in Valley Forge, PA.
Think about that for a minute -- a bowl game, in December, in Valley Forge, PA.
The game was played in a blizzard and I don't think the show ever said who won.
I bring this up because the Pinstripe Bowl is held in New York's Yankee Stadium.
New York, in December . . .
As much as I love football in the snow, when I think "bowl game" I usually think about much warmer weather.
I'm sure the post-game showers will feel good.
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Football Heaven
Posted by
Reverend Ref +
at
6:01 PM
Labels: football
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Few Words About Comments
Comments are always welcome here, but there are a few things you should know:
1) If you comment, leave a name. If you can't figure out how to log in or register or whatever the system is making you do (which, believe me, I fully understand how frustrating that can be) and you must comment anonymously . . . leave a name in the comment section. Purely anonymous comments will be deleted.
2) Comments I deem to be offensive, irrelevant, or generally trollish will be deleted. I'm mainly talking to the Akurians here. Don't make me get out my flag!
3) If you would like to receive e-mail notification of other comments so you can more easily follow a conversation (yeah, like I ever have those on this blog), you must register with Blogger. Sorry . . . I didn't have anything to do with that one.
Enjoy the game.
1) If you comment, leave a name. If you can't figure out how to log in or register or whatever the system is making you do (which, believe me, I fully understand how frustrating that can be) and you must comment anonymously . . . leave a name in the comment section. Purely anonymous comments will be deleted.
2) Comments I deem to be offensive, irrelevant, or generally trollish will be deleted. I'm mainly talking to the Akurians here. Don't make me get out my flag!
3) If you would like to receive e-mail notification of other comments so you can more easily follow a conversation (yeah, like I ever have those on this blog), you must register with Blogger. Sorry . . . I didn't have anything to do with that one.
Enjoy the game.
The War in Ukraine
Friends' Parishes
Clergy Blogs
Friendly Blogs
Mental Recess
- Awesome Food Recipes
- Awkward Family Photos
- Babylon Bee
- Bloggess
- Brick Testament
- Cake Wrecks
- Catholic Satire
- Chocoloate
- G.U. "Zags" Men's Basketball
- G.U. "Zags" Women's Basketball
- Motivational Reality
- NASA
- Optical Illusions
- Politics, Religion, Sports, and Stuff
- Red Green
- Right Behind
- Secular Religion
- Veggie Tales!
- WHL Hockey
Personal Stuff
small god in an itty-bitty box that i made in wood shop
Previous Posts
The Church
Church News Sites
Church Resources
- Anglican Liturgy in New Zealand
- Backstory Preaching
- BCPs of the Anglican Communion
- Bible Gateway
- Build Faith Bible Studies
- Canadian Confirmation
- Christian Classics Etheral Library
- Crosswalk Bible Concordance
- Daily Office Prayer
- Daily Offices
- Forward Movement
- Grow Christians
- Lectionary for the Church Year
- Lectionary Musings
- Olive Tree Bible Search
- Order of the Ascension
- Orthodox History
- Pop Theology
- The Anglican Theological Review
- The Hymnal 1982
- The Thoughtful Christian
- Time Management
- Working Preacher
Politics
Religion
Archive
0 comments:
Post a Comment