Friday, January 04, 2013

Football Dreams

Every year, sometime before my first game, without fail, I will have a "football nightmare."

Past dreams have included showing up without a variety of equipment (which actually happened to a crewmate of mine more than once this year), showing up at the wrong site, showing up on the wrong day, or something equally distressing.  For awhile these worried me.  On the positive side, they also made me check my bag and schedule multiple times so none of it ever happened.  Eventually, these dreams became part of the season.

Last night, though, I had a football nightmare.

I showed up at a game site for the first game of the season with my short-sleeved shirt.  Everyone else was wearing their long sleeves.  I also only had my knickers, while everyone else had their black slacks.  I did find my slacks, but everyone was griping about having to wear short sleeves.

My first game won't be for close to nine months.  Not sure why I'm dreaming about this now.

I suppose it's better than dreaming about preaching nekkid.

2 comments:

Anonymous | 11:03 AM, January 05, 2013  

Well, if I were dreaming that, I would be wondering what it was that had me feeling minimally prepared and a little exposed, and surrounded by people who were loudly and reluctantly following my lead....

Lady Anne | 12:00 PM, January 05, 2013  

Just stay in the pulpit and hope for the best. Laudian frontals also work well.

First time comments will be moderated.