Sunday, December 09, 2012

Office Christmas Parties

We went to the Christmas party for Mrs. Ref's new place of employment.  It was held on a Saturday evening and a very lovely resort about an hour south of here.  Because it's held well south of town, the company books all of the rooms and the employees and spouses stay the night.

The rooms were lovely.   Most of them have fireplaces, all of them have jacuzzi tubs.

The location was nice.  It's on the north side of the pass before crossing into CA.

The food was divine.  We had scallops wrapped in bacon for dinner.  There were also some other dishes that looked equally appetizing.  And three choices of desserts -- banana split, chocolate-peanut butter cheesecake, and a berry cobbler.

I had one glass of an ale that managed to give me a splitting headache like I had drank three bottles of tequila, so I went to bed early.

Whereupon I spent the night listening to out-of-tune karaoke, at least one argument, several instances of people banging on my door, and assorted other shenanigans.

Here's a piece of advice:  if you attend an office Christmas party, it's probably in your best interest to not behave like a drunken frat boy.

Just sayin'.

The good news is that I took the day off and Mrs. Ref and I attended church at a different parish and sat in the same pew.  Something we don't normally get to do.  Although, to be honest, I couldn't help but make notes on the service booklet.

Lord, forgive me of my liturgical snootiness.

Oh . . . and we found the missing car key.

3 comments:

Lady Anne | 2:58 PM, December 11, 2012  

It is nice to be able to just sit in the pew. I am a chalisist, lay reader, on the Altar Guild and serve as an usher. The Squire is the head usher, and also the Property Warden. We've been members of Resurrection for almost 40 years, so we know where all the bodies are hidden, so to speak. Sometimes it is nice to just go someplace else and sit in the pew, without wondering if you are going to have to fill in because somebody else didn't show up.

Reverend Ref + | 5:08 PM, December 11, 2012  

May I deduce that my latest change to the comments are working to your satisfaction?

Lady Anne | 9:17 AM, December 12, 2012  

Yup

First time comments will be moderated.