Monday, January 21, 2013

Long day in the office

Today was the regular 8 and 10:30 services with adult ed in-between.  That was followed up by a wedding at 2 between a parishioner and a soon-to-be-parishioner.  She is 88 and he is 91.

They were all good services, and the marriage was well attended.  Everyone did their jobs well, no wine was spilled, and I love Love LOVE my altar guild.

And no, I did not make any cracks during the wedding about "til death do us part" not being that far off.

Mrs. Ref said, "I hope you never get to a point where you do three services regularly, because your back can't take it."

To be honest, my back can hardly take one service anymore.  It's gotten worser faster.  But that's another story. 

For now, it was a good, long day.  I even got to see most of one football game.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 2:46 PM, January 21, 2013  

I think is it so sweet that a more mature comple got married at you church. It must have been a wonderful, joyous service. (Hope you can get decent treatment for your back. Been there; done that.)

Reverend Ref + | 6:14 PM, January 21, 2013  

It was very cute.

First time comments will be moderated.