Friday, January 25, 2013

Some humor

I spent a good chunk of today at the hospital in the big city.

One of my parishioners is lying in great weakness of body as he fights a pneumonia infection and all the complications that has brought.  He was transferred from the local hospital to the larger hospital last night.

As I got to his room, I saw his wife talking with a nurse.  The nurse turned around, saw me, and immediately said, "Well speak of the devil! . . . I mean . . . Oh no . . . I didn't mean that . . . it's just . . . we were just talking about you."

Yep.  I was wishing I had worn my blue clerical shirt.

Devil with a blue shirt, blue shirt, blue shirt, devil with a blue shirt on . . .

Even in difficult times, it's good to have something to smile about.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.