Thursday, February 21, 2013

Oh, my aching back

I remember that quote from somewhere in my younger days.  A quick google search tells me it probably came from an episode of "All in the Family," when Archie was in a car accident.

But it's applicable today.  I had to make two hospital visits and, as luck would have it, both people were in the same room.  But by the time I finished with the second visit, my back was giving me fits.  It had been behaving itself rather well a few weeks ago, but now it's back to its old, reliable, painful self.

I have an appointment with a doctor in just over a month, and I'm terrified that it will choose that week to be good.

Is it wrong to pray for pain?

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 9:45 AM, February 22, 2013  

I think it's Murphy's Law at work. Whatever you have will disappear the day you go to the doctor, only to strike you down as you cross the parking lot to get back into your car. Make lots of notes - it hurts here, when I...etc. Sometimes PT works better than injections.

Reverend Ref + | 11:05 AM, February 22, 2013  

No kidding. As for the notes, Ive got a list. PT only seems to aggravate it, and injections had absolutely no effect at all.

And, of course, every time I've had it looked at, nobody can ever find anything obvious that causes the pain.

Ish.

First time comments will be moderated.