Monday, April 01, 2013

Easter Gifts

I surprised Mrs. Ref with one of these for Easter:



For those who don't know, it's a BCP/Hymnal combo.  Now that she's singing in the choir regularly, she mentioned that it would make life easier.  So I picked one up via Amazon for her.

I also picked up something for myself:




I've been looking for a decent pair of ref shoes for awhile.  I bought a new pair last year, but haven't really been happy with them.  I found these at a discount shoe store in town.  Even if they don't work well, I can be wrong for $30.  The only problem with them so far is that they have the MLB logo on the tongue; but I blacked that out.  I know today is Opening Day, but I am REALLY looking forward to the start of football season.

3 comments:

Lady Anne | 11:00 PM, April 02, 2013  

That is a VERY nice gift you got for Mrs. Ref. Mine was a gift to myself a number of years ago; red, with my name on it. Some swell. It really is a lot easier than juggling two books.

The Lovely Wife | 11:19 PM, April 03, 2013  

I agree with Lady Anne. I love having my own prayer book/hymnal and especially one with a wonderful inscription inside the front cover. Juggling is for clowns.

Lovely Wife | 11:22 PM, April 03, 2013  

I agree with Lady Anne. My prayer book/Hymnal was a wonderful thing this Easter. And it has a lovely inscription on the inside cover. It sure beats trying to juggle.

First time comments will be moderated.