Friday, May 31, 2013

Fire

The official start of wildfire season in my valley is Monday.

Someone didn't get the memo.

About 3 p.m. local time a wildfire broke out on the north side of I-5 (for those wondering, I-5 runs east and west in this particular area).

It's still too early to have details, but the gist is this:  There's a fire on the other side of the freeway from where I live; it's big; it seems to be burning mainly dry grass at this time; we are hoping the wind doesn't shift; and this just in -- it seems to be moving slowly, so crews should be able to get a handle on it.

Here's a local news link:  http://www.kdrv.com/3-alarm-grass-fire-along-i-5-near-g-p/

Oh . . . I also stopped by the fire station where there was some staging going on and managed to meet up with the head chaplain.  I gave him my info and told him to call me if the church could provide any assistance.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.