Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baby Stuff

I looked at more strollers, toys, diapers, and snot-suckers today than I have in a very long time.  After all, The Kid hasn't needed any of that stuff for 18-some years.

And no, I am not a surprised, new daddy, thank you very much.

One of the women in our congregation had a baby recently, and the ladies of the church (before she actually delivered) decided they wanted to throw a baby shower for her.  But she nixed that idea saying, "I have everything I need.  I'd prefer it if you found a mother who needs that stuff and do something for her."

So we did.  Thanks to the efforts of Mrs. Ref, a young mother of two was found.  She's actually due to deliver her third child shortly.  After her second, she experienced some physical problems and was told that she would probably never get pregnant again.  So she got rid of all her baby stuff.

And, of course, you know what happened next.

This Saturday we are hosting a dual baby shower for the two women.  People have been purchasing gifts on their own, but we also gave them a way to donate money.  Today Mrs. Ref and I went shopping for baby stuff.

Saturday will be a good day, but I am more than glad that I am not a parent of an infant.

1 comments:

Lady Anne | 11:22 AM, May 31, 2013  

We are having a baby shower to honor the new Royal offspring, and all of the gifts will be sent to Birthright.

First time comments will be moderated.