Saturday, August 24, 2013

Back to football

Friday night I had my first scrimmage of the year.  It wasn't a game (it never is) but it was a time to get the cobwebs out, start looking for things we need to look for and run around the field.

The coach wanted us to flag penalties.  Some coaches would rather us just talk to the players.  I like the ones who tell us to flag it because it's preseason for us too, and the more we get to practice doing our thing, the better.

After the game several of us went to our usual post-game spot, had a beer or two, toasted the new season and talked football in general.

It's good to be back with friends.  It's even better when those friends wear stripes.

1 comments:

Maarten | 4:00 PM, August 27, 2013  

Dear colleague,
nice reading a few posts of your blog. I'm happy that the new season is starting as well!

Thank you for adding the link to ruletool.info. I would like to bring my new site to your attention: www.ruletest.info. Basically, it's about college football rules tests, but then interactive and including videos. I'd be happy to hear your feedback.

Kind regards,
Maarten de Boer

First time comments will be moderated.