Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mr. Vice President?

We had our second to last football meeting last night.  That's right, boys and girls, the season is almost over.

One of the main purposes of this meeting is to nominate people to serve on the Board.  You may recall that I was elected as a Board Member last year.

This year I was nominated for the position of VP.

What that means in practical terms is that I would be in charge of Rookie School -- educating and training new officials to get ready to work games.

I am not running unopposed, but I would not be opposed to winning.

I'll find out in two weeks what the results are.

We were also told at this meeting when and where the end of the year banquet would be held.  As it turns out, it will be the evening my Bishop arrives in town for his visitation.  With Mrs. Ref in Hawaii, the Rt. Rev. Sir may be my date.

Oy.

2 comments:

Jane Ellen+ | 5:17 PM, October 17, 2013  

If this banquet is a dinner dance, I want pictures.

Reverend Ref + | 8:37 PM, October 17, 2013  

Sorry, but no. It's more of a "eat, drink and tell stories of the season."

I'm in charge of the "awards."

First time comments will be moderated.