Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Bad News Update

Remember that bad news I couldn't mention the other day -- if you don't, scroll down.  I can now say more.

On Monday, my soon-to-be-11-year old parishioner Miriam was found to have a brain tumor toward the back of her head.

I got a text Monday evening that said the family was on the way up to the major children's hospital in Portland.  She was scheduled for surgery on Tuesday.  Thanks to God's grace, I was in the area for that clergy C.E. thing, so I was able to spend time at the hospital with the family before surgery.

The post-surgery report is that it was more complicated and risky than originally hoped for, but it went well and the surgeon was optimistic.

I checked in before leaving town today, and the family is doing well and all are resting.

1 comments:

Lady Anne | 9:31 AM, November 07, 2013  

My dad had a massive brain tumor at the age of 72, but once it was removed (12 hours!) he regained all of his faculties, and made a full recovery - including his sense of humor. My prayers for Miriam to also have a speedy and complete recovery.

First time comments will be moderated.