Sunday, December 29, 2013

First Sunday after Christmas

I love it when Christmas is on Wednesday.  We get two Sundays after Christmas to enjoy Christmas carols and Twelfth Night falls on a Sunday evening, so it doesn't disrupt midweek activities.

It also gives me a good long time to recuperate from the Christmas work (home stuff and church stuff) since I'm out of the office after Christmas Day services, I always take the day after Christmas off (Thursday this year) and Friday is my normal day off anyway.

And in my congregation(s), as with many other congregations around the country, this Sunday is Christmas Lessons & Carols.  Which means lots of music and no sermon.

I always get the one or two persons who say, "I miss hearing your sermon."  That's a nice compliment; but, really, enjoy the music and I'll preach again next week.  I promise.

Blessings for a joyous remainder of the Christmas season.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.