Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Getting Out

Awhile ago I tried to designate a "Visitation Day" when I would randomly show up at parishioners' homes.  I did that for awhile, but then things got away from me and I stopped doing it. 

I've decided that I need to be better at it in 2014, and today was the first day of random visits.

I had four people on my list, met with three of them, and came away with three really good conversations, one box of frozen cookie dough and two old crucifixes.

This could be a good thing.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 9:03 PM, January 14, 2014  

Well, there's a good question. What *does* one do with an old crucifix? Throwing it in the trash seems wrong, and burning it is not much better. At any rate, if you are called out on an exorcism, you're all set.

Reverend Ref + | 11:14 AM, January 15, 2014  

What I'm going to do with them is to hang them on my office wall with all of the other crosses in my growing collection.

First time comments will be moderated.